Smith Mountain Lake Cabins
Cabins: Weekly rentals on cabins during prime season
start on Saturday or Sunday.
- Wood stoves (no fireplace)
- Kitchen: Refrigerator, stove, coffeemaker, dishes, dishcloth, a few dish
towels, silverware, cooking utensils, pots and pans, microwave oven, toaster,
electric can-openers, clock radios, etc. Bring food and extra dish towels,
coffee filters, coffee, salt and pepper and nonstick cooking spray. No dishwasher,
telephone, TV, washer/dryer.
- Living area: Fold-out sofa (sleeps two), dining table, benches
- Bedrooms: Beds and nightstands, dresser, closet with hangers, clock radio
- One set of linens per bed and one set of towels per person
- Swimming and boat launching free for overnight guests
- Docks are available at the cabins, however you must park the boat trailer
in the overflow parking lot. Each cabin has one slip.
- The two-bedroom cabins are meant to sleep four. Six are allowed, but this relies on using a fold-out sofa for the two extra people. Each has a queen bed, two singles and a fold-out sofa, but it's a tight fit when fully occupied
- The three-bedroom cabin sleeps eight and has two queen beds, two singles and a foldout couch; two bathrooms (one handicapped accessible; the other has a tub)
- Picnic table and pedestal grill in yard per cabin; open porch with rocking chairs
- Firewood: The park provides one bundle of complimentary firewood. Extra
firewood is available for a nominal fee.
- TV and VCR rentals are available to cabin guests.
- The cabins have rustic furniture; linens are included (one set per person
for six people). Cabins are climate controlled (heat and AC).
- Consider bringing extra bath towels, body wash or soap, board games and playing
Total sites of each type: Two-bedroom frame, 11; two-bedroom frame waterview, 8; three-bedroom frame, 1
Two-bedroom frame - Two bedrooms; wood frame; one queen bed; two singles; foldout couch;
ceramic tile floors with carpeted bedrooms. Two-bedroom cabins have a bathroom
Two-bedroom frame waterview - Two bedrooms; wood frame; one queen bed; two singles; foldout couch; ceramic tile floors with carpeted bedrooms. The two-bedroom cabins have a bathroom with shower.
Three-bedroom frame - Three bedrooms; wood frame; two queen beds; two singles; foldout couch; ceramic tile floors with carpeted bedrooms. The three bedroom cabin has two bathrooms (one handicapped accessible shower; the other has a tub). The three-bedroom cabins are meant to sleep six. Eight are allowed, but this relies on the use of a fold-out sofa for the extra two people.
Total cabins: 20
Although the only fully handicapped accessible cabin in the park is cabin 7, numerous cabins, while not fully accessible, are better suited for customers having disabilities. Because of hilly terrain, all cabins other than cabin 7 have steps. Cabins 15, 17 and 19 have two steps, cabins 10, 13 and 20 have three steps, cabin 14 has four steps, and cabins 6, 12 and 18 have five steps. The remaining cabins are unsuitable for those with disabilities because of numerous steps or steep grades leading into the cabin.
Smith Mountain Lake Cabins